“Who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father” Galatians 1:4
There are two things Christ came to do and has done for us according to this passage of the scripture.
(A.) Christ Jesus gave Himself for our sins
(B.) That He might deliver us from this evil age
To understand this passage very well, we need to understand the issue of sin; what sin is, why sin is a big deal, and what the sacrifice for sin is?
WHAT SIN IS?
Romans 3:9-20, tells us that all have sinned. This sin started from one man Adam (the first man), when he rebel against God’s word.
“So he (Adam) said, ‘I heard your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself’, And He (God) said ‘who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I command you that you should not eat?’ Then the man said ‘The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate” Genesis 3:10-12
Because of this singular act of a man (Adam), man lost the glory and nature he has from the beginning, and we miss the mark. Every man born from the first man (Adam) was born a sinner. As David rightly put it:
“Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me” Psalm 51:5
Someone might say, I have not committed any sin, am morally right. The issue here is not about you committing sin; the issue is about your nature. Your nature is SIN.
“Therefore just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned” Romans 5:12
All men have sin in Adam, our first father,
“But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me” Romans 7:17
Sin dwells in every man born into this world.
WHY SIN IS A BIG DEAL,
• Sin is a big deal because; it brings separation between God and man
“Therefore the LORD God sent him (Adam) out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken, so He drove out the man; and He placed Cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree if life” Genesis 3:23-24
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” Romans 3:23
Sin brings a big separation; man could no longer have access to God, relating to Him as a father. There is a big middle wall of separation. Eternal separation between God and man was as a result of sin.
• Sin is a big deal because , its reward is death
“For the wages of sin is death—-“Romans 6:23, “The sting of death is sin—“1 Corinthian15:56
The bible says the soul that sinned shall die. This is not just physical death, but spiritual death and eternal death. If you die in your sin, you die an eternal death. Eternal death means you are forever perish and will be cast into the lake of fire.
“And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire” Revelation 20:15
• Sin is a big deal because; it brings us under the bondage of the devil. Because of sin, the whole world lies under the control of the devil that is why the devil could afflict man with sickness, diseases and poverty.
“—–healing all who were oppressed by the devil” Acts 10:38
• Sin brings condemnation
“And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned. For the judgment which came from one offense resulted in condemnation—-“Romans 5:16
• Sin brings curse
“Then to Adam He said, ‘because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, you shall not eat of it: cursed is the ground for your sake; in toil you shall eat of it all the days of your life—-“Genesis 3:17-19
• Sin brings God’s wrath on mankind
“For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness” Romans 1:18
WHAT THE SACRIFICE FOR SIN IS?
“For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the alter to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul” Leviticus 17:11
“And according to the law almost all things are purified (cleansed) with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission (forgiveness)” Hebrew 9:22
Since the issue of sin is a sin nature (life) and the life of man is in the blood, therefore it means that there must be bloodshed before sin can be dealt with (blood sacrifice).
The blood require for this sin sacrifice has to be the one without blame, without sin. Not even the blood of animals can do it.
“For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sin” Hebrew 10:4
This makes the redemption of man impossible. But is man doomed for life? No, God has a better plan for man, because of His great love and mercy.
Man could not wipe away his sin nature, nor could animals, but God can wipe away the sin nature of man, that is the GOOD NEWS.
“The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, ‘Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! ‘This is He of whom I said, ‘After me comes a man who is preferred before me, for He was before me” John 1:29-30
JESUS CHRIST Is that perfect sacrifice for man’s sin, He was born of God Himself through a virgin (Luke 1:26-38) was declare to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead (Romans 1:4).
Man needs someone that has never committed sin that has no sin nature to die and be sacrifice for him. Christ Jesus was the only perfect person that fit into that.
“Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His mouth” 1Peter 2:22
Christ Jesus knew no sin (2cor 5:21), and He has appeared to put away our sin, by His blood sacrifice on the cross (Hebrew 9:26).
“All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned, every one, to his own way; And the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all—-And they made His grave with the wicked- But with the rich at His death, Because He had done no violence, nor was any deceit in His mouth” Isaiah 53:6, 9
Christ death on the cross is the only perfect sacrifice needed by man to be made right with God.
“But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God— for by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified” Hebrew 10:12, 14
BENEFIT OF CHRIST BLOOD SACRIFICE- WHAT THE BLOOD SACRIFICE DID FOR US
• Our sins were washed away by the blood of Jesus. Revelation 1:5
• We receive appeasement of divine wrath by the blood of Jesus. Romans 3:25
• We receive eternal life (Zoe) the life(nature) of God by the blood of Jesus .John 1:12-13, 1John 5:10-12
• We receive justification by His blood. Romans 5:9
• We are brought near to God by the blood of Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:13
“But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ”
• We have redemption and forgiveness of sin through the blood of Jesus. Ephesians 1:7
• We have peace with God through the blood of Christ. Colossian 1:20
• We receive redemption from the curse of the law by the blood of Jesus Christ. Galatians 3:10-13
• We overcome the devil by the blood of Jesus. Revelation 12:11
• We were release from the bondage of the devil, bondage of fear by the blood of Christ. Hebrew 2:14-15
• We have being delivered from the power of darkness and transferred into the kingdom of God by the blood of Jesus Christ. Colossian 1:13
• Through Jesus Christ death on the cross, He destroys the works of the devil in our life. 1John 3:8
Sin is what makes us to be under this present evil age. Once the sin issue is dealt with, this present evil age has no hold or control over us.
If you want to be free from this present evil age, free from the bondage of the devil, you need to be washed by the blood of Jesus Christ. His blood has dealt with the sin nature. The only thing you need to do is to believe in Jesus Christ and receive Him into your life.
“But as many as received Him, to them he gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name” John 1:12
“That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation” Romans 10:9, 10
Just say this prayer, believe it in your heart and confess with your month you shall be saved (Rom 10-9-10).
LORD JESUS CHRIST, I CONFESS YOU AS MY LORD AND PERSONAL SAVIOUR.
I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE AGAIN FOR MY SALVATION.
LORD JESUS, COME INTO MY HEART, FORGIVE ME MY SINS AND CLEANSE ME WITH YOUR BLOOD. I RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE INTO MY SPIRIT
THANK YOU JESUS FOR SAVING ME. AM NOW A CITIZEN OF HEAVEN (AMEN)
- THE LORD WILL FULFILL HIS PROMISES“So the LORD
- THE POWER OF GOD’S WORD“For the word
- THIS IS YOUR TIME OF DECISIONIF something
- THIS IS ALL YOU NEED“Who gave
- Continue fellowship with the LORD“And now, dear
- THIS IS YOUR TIME OF DECISIONIF something
- THE REVELATION OF JESUSMany people do
- Continue fellowship with the LORD“And now, dear
- THE LANGUAGE OF THE KINGDOMEvery kingdom
- Don’t Lose HeartBlessed be the
- DO YOU HAVE THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST“But you are
- LET BE DEAD TO SIN INDEED“What shall we
- OUR STANDARDThe desire of
- ANSWERS TO LIFEEveryone is
- Live As A Christian“Not everyone
- THE COMPLACENT CHURCH“And to
- DO YOU COUNT YOUR LIFE DEAR TO YOURSELF?“For whoever
- YOU NEED HIMJesus is not a
- THE GOSPELThe gospel is
- DEEPER LOVE“Nevertheless
- WHAT DO YOU HAVE“A certain